Technology and Innovation, edited and published by the National Academy of Inventors®, is a forum for presenting information encompassing the entire field of applied sciences, with a focus on transformative technology and academic innovation. As a part of our mission to honor academic invention, we are pleased to feature an article from the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and a profile of a Fellow of the National Academy of Inventors® in every issue.
Owing to the broad nature of the applied sciences, authors should be guided by the interest of the readers who are likely to be knowledgeable non-specialist scholars. Articles deal with a wide range of topics including:
- Advances in transformative technology and translational science
- Critical assessments of specific segments of science, engineering, medicine, or other technologies
- Economics of a technology, governmental and policy action, and innovation as related to intellectual property
- Environmental (including human health) impact of various technologies
- Historical, societal, ethical, and related aspects of science, engineering, medicine, or technology
- The process of innovation and invention